If you’d like to hear Anne play in spring 2023, please check out the following performances:
- Heartland Festival Orchestra, West Side “Stories,” Saturday February 4th, 7:30 pm Five Points Washington, IL
- Luther College Brass Symposium, Friday March 10th-Saturday March 11th, Decorah, IA
- Heartland Festival Orchestra, Cherish the Ladies, Saturday March 18th, 7:30 pm Five Points Washington, IL
- Champaign-Urbana Symphony Youth Concerts, Tuesday April 11th and Wednesday April 12th, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
- Athena Brass Band, Saturday May 20th, 5 pm, Louisville, KY
- Heartland Festival Orchestra, Classical Mystery Tour, Saturday May 27th, 7:30 pm Five Points Washington, IL
If you can’t attend the recital in person, you can check out the livestream.
During the summer of 2022, Anne presented and published her research on “The History of Women Trumpet Professors.” Her presentation took place as part of the 2022 IWBC conference in Denton, Texas and her article was published by the International Trumpet Guild in their June 2022 issue. She is incredibly grateful to IWBC and ITG for their support of her research and to the many women who graciously provided their career information.
In July, Anne performed as a guest artist with the Brass Band of Central Illinois on two of their summer concerts. In addition to playing principal cornet and solo flugelhorn respectively, she performed H.L. Clarke’s “The Debutante” and the flugelhorn solo from “Gabriel’s Oboe” with the band.
Anne has several upcoming performances for the Fall 2022 semester, including:
- September 9-10th Performing Flugelhorn with the Fountain City Brass Band: Fountain City Brass Band
- Sunday September 25th I.S.U. Faculty Recital, 1 pm, Kemp Recital Hall
- Thursday October 13th I.S.U. Special Concert, 7:30 pm, Kemp Recital Hall
- Saturday October 22nd Heartland Festival Orchestra, 7:30 pm, Five Points Washington
- Sunday October 30th I.S.U. Faculty Brass Quintet Recital, 6 pm, Kemp Recital Hall
- December 10-11th Heartland Festival Orchestra & Peoria Ballet Nutcracker shows, Peoria Civic Center
March 29-April 3rd, Six members of the I.S.U. Trumpet Studio traveled with
Dr. McNamara to the 2022 National Trumpet Competition in Newark, Delaware. On their way to the competition, they made a stop at University of Maryland College Park to get a coaching from Chris Gekker. The six students performed a work commissioned by Dr. McNamara and composed by I.S.U. composition faculty member, Dr. Roy Magnuson. The work, inspired by Schubert’s Erlkönig is entitled “through the night, dark and drear.” Jeri Blade, KT Freimuth, Seth Marshall, Christian McLaughlin, Katherine Shindledecker and Ryan Valdivia played beautifully! Katherine also performed beautifully in the graduate solo division semi-finals.
For those of you who missed it, Anne’s Fall 2021 faculty recital can be viewed here. The program included the first movement of the Adolphus Hailstork Sonata for Trumpet and Piano, Cecilia McDowall’s “Framed,” Anthony Plog’s “Thoughts,” and Petr Eben’s “Windows for Trumpet and Organ.”
The fall 2021 semester is shaping up to be quite busy! Please make note of the following performances. I hope you’ll check them out!
September 21, 2021, Anne McNamara Faculty Recital, 8 pm I.S.U. CPA
October 2, 2021, Heartland Festival Orchestra Brass Quintet Performance in Donovan Park, Peoria, IL 10:30 am
October 14, 2021 I.S.U. Faculty Brass Quintet Recital, 8 pm I.S.U. CPA
October 28, 2021 I.S.U. Immigrants Day Celebration, 12 pm I.S.U. Quad
November 6, 2021 Champaign Urbana Symphony, 7:30 pm
Concerto for 3 Trumpets, 2 oboes and Timpani by Telemann
November 15, 2021 I.S.U. Wind Symphony Concert, 8 pm I.S.U. CPA
Peter Meechan’s “Lost Verses” for flugelhorn and wind symphony
Anne will present two masterclasses for the 2021 Virtual International Trumpet Guild Conference on June 1-2, 2021. For more information, please visit: 2021 ITG Conference Registration
Anne will also be teaching on faculty at the University of Kentucky Summer Trumpet Institute June 7-10, 2021. For more information, please visit: 2021 UKSTI Registration
On Tuesday September 22, 2020, Anne performed a special live-streamed faculty recital via YouTube live. Utilizing the technology of video game streamers, she hosted a screening of her fall faculty recital allowing for interaction with live chat of audience members. The recital included recorded performances of Valerie Langfield’s “In Retrospect,” Karen Tanaka’s “Silent Ocean,” Regina Harris Baiocchi’s “Miles per Hour” and Melody Eotvos’s “Light Form.” The live-stream also featured recorded program notes from several of the composers themselves.
The Illinois State University Trumpet studio is pleased to share that they will have several trumpet guest artists visiting studio class during this fall semester.
On September 8th and 10th, Judith Saxton will come and work with the trumpet students on solo repertoire and Alexander Technique.
On September 24th, Dr. Steven Cunningham, trumpet professor from Grambling State University will coach students on jazz improvisation and transcription and hold a Q&A on a professional career in trumpet.
On October 20th, trumpeter Ashley Killam will discuss the Institute for Composer Diversity and performing and programming underrepresented composers.